Ulyanovsk Region Selects Best Representatives of Hospitality Industry
Governor Aleksey Russkikh took part in a ceremony on 30 September, which was dedicated to celebration of the World Tourism Day.
Representatives of the sector were awarded and results of the Ulyanovsk Region Tourism Industry Leader 2021 competition were announced. The event took place within the week of the Tourism and Hospitality Industry National Project.
“This holiday is of particular importance to our region. Simbirsk-Ulyanovsk has always been part of the most important events in Russian history. Victories were forged, brilliant creators were born, and unique architectural monuments were built here. Many remember Ulyanovsk as one of the Soviet capitals of tourism. And we have all the necessary capacity to bring our region to its former glory. But only by working together can we achieve this. Ulyanovsk region is actively involved in implementation of the new national project. In particular, we successfully participated in the Tourist Cashback Program and the one to organize children's leisure and recreational activities,” said Aleksey Russkikh.
In addition to the main tasks, the head of the region talked about promising areas for tourism development. These include business and cruise tourism, as well as implementation of the Undoria Geopark project (which later will become part of UNESCO Global Geoparks).
Implementation of the Tourism and Hospitality Industry National Project involves participation of the tourism industry's representatives in competitions. Twenty-nine projects from the Ulyanovsk region made it to the final of the regional competition of the Ural and Volga federal districts within Russian Event Awards. The last stage of the contest will be held in Perm on 7-9 October. The best winning projects will take part in the final of the Russian Event Awards 2021, which will be carried out in Ulyanovsk on 15-17 November.
Four tourism projects from the Ulyanovsk region will also receive the President's grant. The competition for the grant from the President of the Russian Federation, which can be used for implementation of projects in the field of culture, art and creative industries in 2021, was held from 15 June to 6 August. Ulyanovsk submitted one hundred and three applications. The region supported twenty-six projects, four of which are connected to the tourism sector. Thus, the following projects will receive financial support worth more than 1.7 million rubles: pilot routes "Memorable Weekend in Ulyanovsk", information stands installed in Undoria Geopark, inter-settlement honey festival "Pchela Zlataya", and ETNO Style.
Denis Ilyin, Director of the regional Agency for Tourism, said that according to one of mobile operators, the Ulyanovsk region was mostly visited by tourists from the Samara region and Moscow in 2021. The top 10 regions that visitors most often came from included the Republic of Tatarstan, St. Petersburg, the Republic of
Bashkortostan, the Nizhny Novgorod region, the Chelyabinsk region, the Sverdlovsk region, the Udmurt Republic, and the Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Area.
As a reference:
1. Best Hotel in Ulyanovsk Region Nomination - Radisson Hotel Ulyanovsk;
2. Best Restaurant in Ulyanovsk Region Nomination - Korchma Gopak (Ukrainian cuisine);
3. Best Traveler Attraction Nomination - Regional State Autonomous Institution of Culture "Lenin Memorial" and a pavilion-project "Garage of the USSR. Vintage Motorcycles and Power Equipment (Retromototekhnika)";
4. Best Health Resort in Ulyanovsk Region Nomination - Health Resort named after V.I. Lenin AO "Ulyanovskkurort";
5. Best Tourist Event Nomination - a project "Maslenitsa obedukha" and Autonomous Non-Profit Entrepreneurs' Organization "Svoya ferma";
6. Best Tourist Souvenir Nomination - ULCARDS brand;
7. Best Tourist Route in Ulyanovsk Region Nomination - the Back in the USSR project and Autonomous Non-Profit Organization of Social Educational Projects and Excursions "SimbirCity" ("SimbirSiti").